|Loss Prevention Specialist, ELP1 Loss Prevention||$30hr||El Paso||
|EHS Specialist, WHS||$22hr||El Paso||Full-time||Apply Now|
|Onsite Medical Representative, WHS||$28hr||El Paso||Full-time||Apply Now|
|Operations Manager – El Paso, TX||$21hr||El Paso||Full-time||Apply Now|
Full Job Description
- Certification as High School Graduate or Its Equivalent
- Familiarity with OSHA rules, specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Professional experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus.
- Proven ability to preserve confidentiality in sensitive working situations including security and/or employee matters.
The following requirements must be met:
- 1+ years of experience in the field of environmental health and safety
- Possessing a Bachelor’s Degree in an Environmental Health and Safety-Related Field
- A minimum of six months of experience in a safety-related function at Amazon is required.
Description of the Position
The goal of Amazon’s Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) department is to empower employees to take charge of their health and safety by providing them with the information, training, and resources they need to make safe and healthy choices in the workplace. To help with this initiative, Amazon is looking to hire a full-time WHS Specialist (WHSS) who will act as the designated representative for their assigned building and coordinate and implement all aspects of the Amazon Global Program by the instructions of upper management. The WHSS fosters a constructive work environment that is safe and in line with Amazon’s policies. This entails providing employees with necessary training and guidance based on their observed behavior patterns on the job.
The WHSS is responsible for keeping up-to-date daily, weekly, and monthly metrics for reporting to onsite management teams and corporate-based reporting systems. The WHSS aids management in meeting the requirements of the Corporate Program and all local, state, and national regulations. The WHSS also does Job Hazard Analysis, which is a risk assessment for specific jobs and introduces new pieces of equipment after thoroughly vetting them. The WHSS must also advise upper management on how to best reduce potential dangers in the workplace, with ergonomics being one possible option. The ideal candidate would be flexible in terms of shift preference and availability. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Keep up-to-date metrics regularly (daily, weekly, and monthly) to share with on-site management and any applicable corporate reporting systems.
- Aid management in making sure the company’s programs follow federal and state regulations.
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and new equipment introductions should be subject to risk evaluations.
- In charge of suggesting feasible safety precautions to upper management, such as ergonomic adjustments,
- Willing to work any combination of days, nights, and weekends as needed
- At least a bachelor’s degree, and ideally one linked to health and safety
- Competence in listening, speaking, analyzing, deciding, and focusing on the needs of the client
- Ability to conduct job hazard and safety studies; experience leading and managing a team; experience analyzing accident data; adventure with new processes and machinery; and experience leading and managing a team
- Expertise in responding to emergencies; currently certified in First Aid and CPR
- Competence in managing cases involving compensation for injured workers
Amazon is actively pursuing a more inclusive and diverse workforce. To be clear, Amazon does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, handicap, age, or any other legally protected status. Those who need special accommodations may submit a request