An iconic building is the Athletic Club of Columbus (ACC) in Columbus, Ohio. The ACC is still a vital component of the business and political sectors in Columbus today. It was founded in 1912 by a group of business executives interested in supporting social and athletic efforts. The Club has a long history and a strong sense of tradition, but it also looks to the future and is accepting of diversity and inclusiveness. For 1,400 members and their families, the ACC provides a haven.
Summary for Position
The only contemporary city club in Columbus is looking for part-time and full-time Kitchen Stewards to join the team. The key duties of the kitchen steward include operating and maintaining cleaning tools and equipment while providing high-quality, detail-oriented services. Additionally accountable for sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and detailing equipment, etc., as well as washing dishes, china, flatware, cutlery, crockery, and kitchen vessels. Ensures that the kitchen, dishwashing area, and rear area are always ready for inspection.
- Manual dexterity: The capacity to hold, handle, or put together items.
- The capacity to see details up close is known as near vision (within a few feet of the observer).
- Coordination: Modifying activities in response to demands from others.
- Make sure the kitchen is always spotless, maintained, and organized.
- Make sure the floors are always dry and spotless.
- By corporate standards and hygiene guidelines, operate the dishwashing system and maintain a clean workplace.
- Follow all sanitary regulations.
- When required, aid the servers and cooks.
- Following specified protocols, collects and eliminates waste from all areas of the business.
- Make sure the garbage can area is maintained neat and clean.
- Execute general cleaning tasks as requested, including sweeping, mopping up, washing dishes, emptying trash cans, and placing recyclables in the proper bins.
- follows established methods while cleaning and sanitizing pots, pans, utensils, and other small kitchen equipment that is often used.
- Using basic techniques maintain the kitchen’s floors and walls and clean the area where you do your dishes.
- follows prescribed protocols while washing and sanitizing dishes and associated serviceware.
- When directed, thoroughly cleans huge machinery according to established protocols.
- Make sure everything is tidy and in working condition.
- Verify the inventory and levels of all chemicals.
- All cleansed things should be washed, cleaned, sorted, stacked, and stored securely.
- Workstations should be cleaned, sanitized, and shut.
- Always keep your workplace tidy and secure.
- more tasks as needed.
- General strength: The ability to carry out physical tasks that call for extensive use of your arms, legs, and entire body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, and handling things (food, plates, utensils, etc.).
- Effective communication with others requires listening to others and speaking clearly.
- Interpersonal Skills: Gets along well with coworkers, engages them in productive conversation, and has a good sense of empathy.
- Accountability & Dependability: Takes ownership of the accuracy and timeliness of work, and produces outcomes with little direction.
- Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Must be able to sometimes grab, bend, lift, carry, and/or move objects weighing no less than 25 lbs.
- The environment in which the work is done may be extremely hot, chilly, loud, smoky, or dimly illuminated.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent is required in terms of education.
- No certification is necessary.
- Certifications No preference
- 2 or more years of experience in the service (food and beverage) sector are preferred.
Plan & Benefits
- $14 per hour as compensation
- Non-Exempt FSLA Status; Dayshift/Morning Shift Schedule
- daily suppers
- Free parking in the city center and transit support
- Options for health and dental insurance
- Holiday pay, personal time off, sick days, and 401(k) with corporate match
The Athletic Club of Columbus (ACC) guarantees equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants, and it forbids all forms of harassment and discrimination, regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, status as a protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, placement, advancement, dismissal, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, pay, and training.
I am aware that the ACC is an at-will employer, and that neither the submission of my application nor any other component of my employment consideration will bind the ACC to offer me a job. If employed, I am aware that my job may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, and without prior notice, by either the ACC or myself. I am aware that no ACC employee is authorized to provide any assurances to the contrary.